Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mr. August = Mr. 2012

     Third date counted as 5 dates because first we went to The Greene Turtle for food. We then went to Dave and Busters and played some games and then we went and saw This is 40. It was a long night, fun but long and therefore counts as 3 dates.  The 6th date happened this past Wednesday. It was just a lunch date. We met at Applebee's, had lunch and then went to our separate homes. His son was in town and I was not ready to meet him just yet. If we are still an item come spring break, I will be meeting his son then since that's the next time he will be in town.
     A few weeks ago, and then tonight, my brother asked "How do grown adults make a relationship exclusive?" When we were in Middle School or even in highschool perhaps asking someone if they'd like to be your bf/gf would be acceptable, but in the adult world seems kind of weird. I'll let you know how it was done with Mike and me.... Mike asked if I had any nicknames and I told him that my close friends and family call me Mesha, my family also calls me Tada and coworkers call me Reedy. (I did leave out the fact that I'm also called Fat-head and Magilicutti but those are on a need to know basis!) I told him he can call me Melissa and then he said that I can call him boyfriend. I said why don't I call him the Guy I'm Dating Exclusively (GIDE for short) and he said that I'm his G(gal)IDE. Apparently, it's as easy as that.  Now, me being a commitment phobe, I get a little short of breath thinking about this fact, but I'm sure it will subside as time goes on.  
     Ok, so tomorrow is the last day of 2012 and with that it is the deadline of my 2012 resolution. I made it through 8 new dates and am currently exclusively dating Mr. August. So I may not have met 12 new people but did I meet Mr. Right!?! Perhaps... only time will tell!
     I did learn a lot by completing this resolution. I've learned first, there are WAY more crazy people out there than I realized. Also, I've learned not to be so judgemental and give people chances.  This is very difficult and still a challenge to keep in mind but it's a process! :) I may not have found exactly what I was looking for, but perhaps I found what I need.
     Mike is fun, caring, honest, and looking forward to what the future holds just as I am.  A new blog with a new resolution will be popping up within the next week... still pondering ideas! Happy 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment