Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mr. July

Real Name: James
From: Owings Mills
Date Location: The Greene Turtle- Crofton

Background info: He's Korean-American and was adopted as a baby.  He has no desire to search for his birth parents. He's close (but not weird close) to his parents. An only child.  He works at BMW in the retail dept.

Date Deets (aka Details): Met at The Turtle.  He stood up (decked out in American Eagle attire- I'm not sure how I feel about this at the moment) and shook my hand and then introduced himself when I found him.  He had a water in front of him and when I questioned him about his choice of liquid, he stated he didn't want to drink beer unless I was so he was waiting for me to order.  I quickly informed him that when at The Turtle there is no "choice" of beverage. It is known that Sam Adams Seasonal IS the drink! He understood, begged forgiveness for not knowing this rule. I didn't judge but did tell him he had a strike...ok, I'm getting WAY into this creative writing thing... back up to begging forgiveness, he ordered a Coors (now THAT should be a strike!) and I impressed him with my taste buds of steel by ordering the "blazing hot" wings. Umm, Date Food Ordering Deets Tangent:  Just FYI, those things ARE in fact BLAZING HOT! The first one catches you by surprise, the second creates a burning/tingling sensation, the third one makes you feel like your lips are going to fall off and then the last three go down easy because your body is in shock! Back to the Date Deets: conversation flowed well. It happened to be trivia night (which is AWESOME!).  He contributed 2 (correct) answers out of 20, which could be a potential problem, but we will see if he can keep up in the smarts dept. as time goes on. Not everyone is innately brilliant as I.... such is life! :) After trivia ended, he walked me to my car, which was extra nice since he was freezing. He asked for a hug... and I obliged. He smelled real good! :) He said a few times throughout the night that he was having a great time- perhaps he doesn't get out much?!?   It was a fun time, for a first date anyway. Nothing too awkward or weird. Mr. July overall was worth the wait... makes me a bit nervous too because he's the most "normal" and the most genuine of all the months. Commitmentphobe? NAH... well, not really, ... maybe? 

Pros: Owns a house, dresses preppy (this is also a negative because I'm not sure how I feel about this), works out often, nice, paid for date, funny in a quirky way, he told me to text him when I got home so he knew I made it safely- how nice! 

Cons: Now, these cons might not be "cons" to others, but to me... I'm not sure how I feel about these yet, so let's start with dresses preppy, mentioned his mom wants to have a grandchild, and he seems to be the settling down type. Like I said, could just be me making the aforementioned things cons but we will see. Perhaps he will be the one to make me view them as pros. I did say I was going to meet my future ex husband prior to meeting him, so.... never know! 


Post Date Status: I asked if we were going to hang out again and he said he would like that. I told him to plan the next one since I set up the first.... I'm still waiting to hear what his idea is!


No comments:

Post a Comment