Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mr. April

Real Name: Koby

From: Bowie

Date Location: Panera -Bowie Town Center

Background info: Lives with his best friend in Bowie. Works for a local newspaper doing advertising.  Didn't look like ANY of his pics that he sent me, similar but like the pics were a good 5 years old. Never been married.No kids. He was engaged but the girl's dad didn't like him and he got laid off from his job way back when and felt like he couldn't do right by her so he called off the engagement. He now considers that to be the worst mistake of his life.  He recently reached out to her on FB and now they are cordial and she has married someone else. 

Date Deets (aka Details): Met at Panera where he was about 10 minutes late (granted he lives right behind the center).  He paid for lunch but as soon as we sat down he got a phone call that he said "this is my cousin. I was trying to reach him earlier but he didn't answer. I'll be right back." He left me in the booth staring at my delicious veggie sandwich (with not as much feta on it as I would have liked) and I was too polite to begin eating without him (I do have manners).  When he returned from his "around the corner phone call" he said, "That actually wasn't my cousin. It was my mom." Apparently, his mom was at Wegman's and wanted to know if he needed anything. Hmmm... did he not see "mom" on the caller ID when the phone was making an obnoxious sound? MOM.... COUSIN... nope, those words don't look alike to me! Anyway, we ate and conversed (conversated should really be a word!). At one point on the date, he broke out singing Billy Idol's Rebel Yell! Now, I don't embarrass easily but that made me wish I had a tranquilizer dart handy! Unfortunately I left my blow dart gun at home! There's something you should never leave home without! When I told him I was going to head out he continued to sit there and not budge. I asked if he was going to hang out there for a bit or what. He said he was going to hang out there for 2 hours or so. I said "ok" and then he said "I'm just joking". I don't get it! I said bye and there he sat!   He had a not-so-funny one liner every minute and it became a tedious task to smile and pretend giggle that many times within a short time frame. 



Pros: Very intelligent. Paid for date.

Cons: Seems to dwell on past events (aka ex fiance). NO physical attraction (note the cap. letters).  10 years older than me and lives with best friend. Very intelligent (pro and con).

Post Date Status: At end of date, he asked if we were going to hang out again. I said sure, you call me or I'll call you and we'll figure something out. In all honesty, I wold hang out with him again but I would be sure to let him know that it will never be anything more than just 2 people hanging out because nothing better is going on.  I have enough friends (god only knows how/why they put up with me) that I don't need him to be a friend either (see Mr. March post about my theory on male/female friendships).  So far (it's only been one day) I have not heard from him, nor have I reached out to him. For all I know, he is thinking the same things I am about me.

1 comment: